As I was bringing my three-year-old, Finn, to school this morning, I noticed he was resisting going. I also noticed that when I let go of my attachment to him putting his coat on, eating his breakfast, getting dressed, stopping playing, etc., and just concentrate on communicating love, things seem to fall into place much better. Perhaps not perfectly, but that's OK.
I also know if I practise being fully present with my children, as I did when I brought them to the park today, I enjoy myself more. Instead of letting my frightened parts think about what to make for dinner, how my morning went, what my frightened parts are not looking forward to, I let my healthy parts choose love. I just wanted to have fun, enjoy being outside, enjoy laughing, enjoy their joy. And now I'm tired, but I'm not letting my frightened parts tell my I'm exhausted, or get into some story about how I wish I could nap. I'm just enjoying the pleasant tired sensations that come after a good, solid play. I played hard. And it was (and is) wonderful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment